Friday, May 24, 2013

Kindle Cover – Fail

Here is another in my series of posts about projects that I did months ago and never typed up. This one is because it was a complete failure and I didn't want to rehash it all in a post.

I tried to create a kindle cover from an old book.

I got the idea from Jeannie has a great tutorial on how to DIY KindleCovers. Unfortunately, mine did not come out quite like Jeannie’s.
I gathered my supplies: hardcover book, razor knife, mod podge, and a paint brush.

I glued a rubber band to the back page and glued the outside pages together.

I drew an outline of the kindle on one of the first pages.

Then I started to cut.

Unfortunately, it was very challenging to cut. The pages wrinkled and tore.

I gave up at this point. The Kindle didn't fit in the case and it looked terrible. In hindsight, I should have made the outline slightly bigger so the Kindle could fit. I also should have been more patient with letting the glue dry. If I let the glue on the outside pages dry completely, then the pages probably wouldn't have wrinkled. Oh well! Maybe I’ll try again one day. In the mean time, if you want to try this yourself and want a more thorough tutorial then check out firefliesandjellybeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...